Sometimes when you have everything going well in your life, you feel like even your relationship should be perfect. Then, when your honey wrongs you—even if it’s something small—you feel it on such a deep level. It’s like someone pulled the cornerstone of a skyscraper. All that you’ve worked so hard for crumbles.
But that in itself is a head game. You CAN pick up the pieces, even when it feels impossible. And the key is forgiveness, even though it feels like the last thing you want to do, it really can deepen your intimacy. Stay with me on this. Here are some reasons why you SHOULD forgive him, even if you plan to never see him again!
- FORGIVENESS IS A SELF-PROTECTION MECHANISM. Did you know that holding onto resentment keeps you locked up in the same karmic chains as those who have wronged you? And being energetically linked to them means that energy is leaking from you. It weakens you. The only way out of suffering is through detachment. The only way to become detached is to forgive. When I forgive, I get my energy back and can begin the road of healing and self-realization.
- FORGIVING FREES YOU FROM YOUR PAST HURTS SO YOU CAN LIVE IN THE PRESENT MOMENT. Past hurts are stored or buried as repressed emotions. Even though the repressed emotions are consciously forgotten, the hurts continue to fester and eat away at your energy, (and your health). Once you are able to forgive, you have more energy available for constructive improvement. The conscious mind cannot be in two places at the same time. Thus, to live in the present moment, where Spirit lives, you have to let go of the hurts of the past.
- FORGIVENESS MEANS YOU REFUSE TO ACCEPT IT AS A TOXIC INFLUENCE IN YOUR LIFE ANY LONGER. Forgiveness doesn’t mean that you are condoning or minimizing what happened. Rather it’s your willingness to unplug from the person who caused you pain—even though you are aware of the harm they may have done to you. Forgiveness means that you admit and understand that all scores, even the smallest ones, are settled by the divine. Forgiveness is a divine understanding that any problem another person has—even though it may have affected you in some way—belongs to that person and not to you. When you hand the problem back where it belongs, to the other person, you are telling the universe that you refuse to accept the toxic influence of the other person any longer and that you are ready for the adventure that comes from living in the present.
- FORGIVENESS OCCURS WHEN YOU ARE READY TO RELEASE YOURSELF FROM THE PAST. Forgiveness is always about the past. There can be no need to forgive an event that has not happened. If you are brooding over the past and holding onto your anger and hurts, you are, by definition, unable to be in the present moment. The moment you let go of the past you free yourself to live in the present.
- IT NOT YOUR JOB TO DETERMINE JUSTICE FOR IMPROPER BEHAVIOR, FOR WE ALL SHALL REAP WHAT WE HAVE SOWN, otherwise known as KARMA. Karma is the divine way of teaching you, and others, what you need to know to grow as a soul. When someone wrongs you, you can be certain that the Universe will handle the infraction. The Universe does not need you to seek revenge. You can be certain that justice will prevail. But at the same time, your Ego-Self, who is only interested in protecting you, wishes to punish any one and everything that affronts it. Your Ego is a creation of the mind and this lifetime’s programming. It is interested in revenge—not justice and certainly not in the Spiritual development of all creatures. Fortunately, the Universe will right all wrongs and settle all scores in perfect order, perfect time, and perfect wisdom.
And most importantly:
IF YOU’RE HOLDING ONTO THE PAST, YOU CAN’T MOVE ON TO ANOTHER RELATIONSHIP. It’s true! If you’re Ego continues to hold onto that grudge—or worse, the idea of revenge—then you will not be able to fall deeply in love and have a new fulfilling relationship. If you’re living in the past, you CANNOT move forward. It’s as simple as that!
And let’s not forget a less deep, but equally important reason to forgive—anger and resentment ages you! It’s true. It zaps your energy, your vivaciousness, your enthusiasm! Do you think a new man is more likely to be attracted to the strong, empowered, sexy woman to the right, or to the angry, bitter, frowning women to the left!?
I guess you could say, forgiveness is HOT! ?
If you’re looking for a powerful transformation that can help you let go of all the negative thoughts, help you forgive, and SUPERCHARGE our feminine energy so that you can attract the man who WON’T hurt you, you need to join my Engaged at Any Age Program® this year. After all, there really is no time like the present!