It’s an uncomfortable place to be for many of us, for sure. However, when you’re trying to find a solid, lasting relationship with the man of your dreams, self-reflection is paramount.
It takes courage but being authentic with potential partners is the only way to sustained happiness. You don’t want to be exhausted by trying to be someone you’re not just to keep a man! In fact, you won’t get a quality man by faking things! High-quality men are attracted to women who know their own value. There’s no better way to prove that you know your worth than by recognizing and celebrating your unique qualities and quirks! Show you know your own value – recognize and celebrate your uniqueness and quirks and become the best version of yourself!
Solitude doesn’t have to feel lonely. The key is to use that time to get into an intimate relationship with YOURSELF!
Some ways to do this:
- Take care of your mind and your body. No, you don’t have to be model thin. This is about feeling good through exercising, eating healthy food, getting enough sleep, and trying to be present and mindful. A healthy body and a healthy attitude are irresistible – your energy emanates from you effortlessly!
- Know your non-negotiable boundaries and don’t be afraid to use them! Set boundaries when you date. In other words, don’t be a doormat and don’t be afraid to speak up if you feel less than respected or uncomfortable with a situation. Quality men will admire you for knowing your limits and sticking with them.
- Even if you’re in the throes of new love, always maintain your own friends and interests. Continue to be your own person! Don’t apologize for taking time to pursue your own goals and hobbies or for spending time with the girls. If you bend and morph into someone who only does the things your man likes to do, before long he will find this boring and suffocating. More importantly so will YOU!!! Shared interests are wonderful, of course, but only if they happen organically.
- Surrender to the ever-changing flow of life. See it all as an adventure! Don’t push too hard. Relax into the flow of the universe and know things are working FOR you, always! If things don’t work out with a man, it’s ok. While it can be painful, it means only that he was not for you long-term, and you can take the lessons learned to move closer to finding the ONE.
- Be confident in YOU. When you approve of yourself (and if you live authentically, this is automatic!) you won’t need to seek external approval from a partner. This is so attractive to men! You aren’t a little girl looking for permission to live as you want – you are a fully formed woman who’s in charge, confident, wants a partner to compliment her life, not run it for her!
Most of us have been conditioned over YEARS that we need to fit a certain mold, live a certain way, look a certain way, to land a man.
I want you to break out of that thinking! The only person who’s ultimately responsible for your happiness is you. Follow my tips above and you’ll see a change in yourself and your relationships (AND the kind of men you’re attracting!). What changes are you going to make today to live more authentically? I’d love to hear about it!