A lot of women dating in their 50s get easily frustrated and even depressed thinking about dating. They think all the good guys are taken, that men don’t approach women anymore and that they are better off single.
Well listen up ladies, because that is not true! Men are everywhere looking for great women just like you!
And no, you don’t need an app or website on your phone to find them. They are out and about in real life and here’s how you can meet them in the real world.
5 proven ways you can meet men in real life…
- Create free time. Don’t pack your schedule so much with work, kids and girlfriends that you don’t have time to meet new people. If you’ve said that you “just don’t have time to date,” that is a cop out. Because you are in control of your life and your priorities.
Make meeting men a priority. Create free time in your calendar and schedule in time to meet men if you need to. Stop saying yes to so many single girls’ nights out, extra work projects and family outings that take up all of your free time.
- Look unoccupied. When you’re out in public be approachable. Stay off your phone and be available for a conversation. For example, if you’re sitting in Starbucks, sit and drink your coffee without anything in your hands—no phone, no laptop, no Kindle, etc. People watch, smile at those around you and you’ll not only look approachable, but just might be approached!
- Become more visible. Don’t be hanging out in a herd or posse of women at events. Men are less likely to approach you in a group because it’s more intimidating. Separate yourself from other women if you are in a group, even if it’s just for a few minutes. This will give a man an opportunity to approach and talk to you alone.
Wear bright colors, colors that you love and outfits that will make you stand out and feel confident. Make it obvious that you want to be approached and you will be surprised by who picks up on it.
- Move closer. If there’s a guy or group of guys you are eyeing, position yourself closer to them. Give them a smile and let them know you noticed them so they will notice you.
- Give the man a clear signal. How do you do this? You smile. And hold it for 5 seconds. During that 5 seconds, he’s figuring out if that smile is for him and whether it’s safe to approach you. Keep eye contact and practice doing this if it’s hard for you.
A smile is a signal that you’re approachable. If he doesn’t approach you after you smile, he’s either taken, gay or not interested and that doesn’t matter because you can move on. Just don’t forget to smile at the next guy you come across.
How much longer do you want to be single? Take the time this summer to find available men, be approachable, move in closer and signal to them that you’re interested.
Keep your head up and out of your phone, and no matter where you are this summer, smile.