If you’re over 50 and looking for love, I have some tips for you! It doesn’t matter if you’re 50, 59, gray, blonde, short, tall, divorced, or never been married, there is somebody out there for everyone. The right man is out there looking for you!
So have fun dating! Don’t be afraid to step out of your comfort zone and look for new friendships and relationships.
Here are 5 tips every single woman over age 50 needs to remember…
1. Focus on the present. Whether you’re striking up a first conversation, on a first date or on your 20th date with a man, make sure you stay in the moment. Don’t bring up the past. Bringing up the past only brings toxicity and confuses the man. He will be turned off and start wondering if you have attachment problems, wondering if you’re really ready for a new relationship and will question whether you are emotionally stable enough to be with him.
Sure, you can talk about your history and how it’s shaped who you are, but just share little bits. Most men aren’t looking for your life story on the first date. They want to know if you are available to them, so share a little, see how it’s received, then share a little bit more as the relationship progresses.
Remember, living in the middle age of your life is all about making the most of every moment. Living your best life and being fun! That’s what men over 50 are looking for! They are looking for women who are inviting, fun and are living in their feminine energy.
2. Maintain positive and feminine energy. Having positive and feminine energy means staying relaxed, going with the flow, being upbeat and low maintenance. As women, we tend to want to control situations. We want to know every detail and every timeline about every situation (not all women, but a lot of us naturally are planners at heart). Let go of this when you’re dating! Show up to dates relaxed and at ease.
Let the man plan and surprise you! You don’t need to know every detail of the date or situation beforehand. Go with the flow and let him lead the date and conversations. Stay in receiving mode and you’ll see and learn so much about his temperament too.
When you catch yourself over thinking situations or conversations, you start losing your heart center and feminine intuition. Don’t get stuck in “thinking mode,” because it’s dangerous. It will bring about comparison and competition and no man wants that.
3. Release attachment to the end result. Along with letting go of being controlling, is detaching your thinking from the way you think things should always be—being able to release attachment to the end result.
Don’t get caught up on how you think things should go in your mind. Don’t set timelines in your head or relationship expectations according to what you think should happen. Let the dating and relationship blossom naturally and you won’t be disappointed.
When you go on a date, you don’t know exactly how it will turn out. And that’s what makes dating fun and interesting! Don’t be high maintenance. You can’t control whether the restaurant food is perfect or the hike he has planned gets rained out. So let go of the expectations!
4. Give men encouragement. A little encouragement goes a long way. Appreciate a man and value the way he treats you. Compliment his outfit or the way he handled a situation. Tell him how you admire him and your love and relationship will only grow stronger.
5. Stay away from criticism. The older we get, the easier it is to get stuck in our ways. Sometimes we might be tempted to give constructive criticism in a situation but remember this can come across as bossy and/or critical. A man doesn’t want to spend another decade or two with a woman who is judgy and critical.
Give him the benefit of the doubt, especially in the beginning. Don’t carry past hurt into a new relationship and slip into your old way of thinking (expecting him to handle things the way your ex did).
Remember, a perfect man doesn’t exist. You create a perfect relationship, so don’t be too critical of him.
Alright, with these tips in mind, you’re ready to take on dating in your 50s! Show up, be impeccable, beautiful, genuine, authentic and don’t be afraid to be you. Be clear about what you want, don’t give in to deal breakers, and be open to love. Your true love is out there!