This story really affected me so I have to share it with you.
A friend shared a story about a 4 year old girl who had cancer and was going to her chemo treatments and her Mother said “I’m sorry you have to go get your chemo today” and the little girl said “I GET TO GO Mommy! I get to go get my treatments, and I get to sit in the car and ride with you and I get to live another day”.
Why do I tell you this? We get to live. We get to have relationships. We get to have Thanksgiving, even if we are alone. WE GET TO!
The feeling of Gratitude is the most powerful force in the universe. Are you feeling grateful right now? What a reality check huh?
You can utilize this feeling to create a loving, peaceful environment whether you are single or in a relationship.
YOU GET TO!
I know how challenging it can be to avoid drama, stay in the now and keep the peace. The last thing you want is any fall out during one of the biggest holidays of the year.
It’s easy to become triggered by the people we share our lives with during the Holidays. They know how to push our buttons. When we are triggered we tend to over react, which causes drama and toxicity in our relationships.
When we take things personally we get our feelings hurt. Sometimes it’s not about you. It’s about them.
You can STOP THE HOLIDAY DRAMA by taking these small steps. I suggest you print this out so you don’t forget.
- LISTEN more talk less.
- Let go of expectations – no expectations = no disappointment.
- Don’t’ over extend yourself. By saying “NO” to others you are saying “YES” to you.
- Detach from how life “SHOULD” be. Don’t be rigid. Rigidity lacks flexibility. You need to be flexible during this time.
- Detach from outcomes. You can’t steer the river so let that go.
- Detachment allows you to choose happiness over righteousness.
- Let go of your story – don’t bring up the past with loved ones.
- No 3rd party unloading – this is when you look to a 3rd party to agree with you to make you right and someone else wrong.
- Find one great thing about everyone you talk to. This will invoke the power of love.
- Be compassionate. Remember everyone is doing the best they can!
Wherever you go, whoever you are with, commit to being the beacon of light, love and joy! And maybe, just maybe, you will inspire others to do the same.
Leave a Reply