Being Playful Isn’t Just for Kids!
One of the many things I’ve learned in my career over the years is that playfulness is a feminine quality that men love. They appreciate a woman who can be carefree and spontaneous, ready to take on a fun new adventure! I know my husband Michael loves that side of me.
It probably won’t surprise you to learn, however, that lately I just haven’t felt very playful. and I realize I’ve been more serious and somber than usual. And no matter how much I try to balance the stress of current events with good things and joy, it’s been taking a toll on me. Are you in the same boat? I know MANY women who are.
I’m focusing on amping up my playfulness factor this month, both for my well-being and for my family’s. I invite you to do the same! Think of how happy you were as a kid after a day spent running around outside, playing in a sprinkler, bike riding, even reading under a shady tree. You can recapture that feeling even now.
There are plenty of little things you can build into your days that can bring a lighter mood and a smile to your face. You need that – we are living through an incredibly stressful time.
Here are a few things I’m planning to do to bring back my sense of play! They’re easy and can make a big impact on your mood and outlook.
- Cranking up the tunes – I love good old rock and roll! I can’t wait to tell Alexa to play my favorite 80’s rock playlist and dance around my kitchen with Michael.
- Taking long walks – Sometimes for exercise, sometimes just for daydreaming. Either way, so much of my joy comes from nature that I am going to be intentional about making this a priority. It never fails to lift my spirits.
- Dressing up – Even if it’s just jeans with a nice tee and fun jewelry to wear around my house, dressing up has always felt like play for me! June Cleaver used to wear a dress and pearls to cook dinner – you don’t have to go that far but it could be fun to dress up and make yourself a super fancy cocktail!
- Meeting up with friends on Zoom – This is a great way to reconnect with friends near and far. Laughing about old times is fun! You can even play games like Pictionary or have a trivia contest.
- Taking Zumba classes – This is a big one. Nothing feels better than when I’m moving my body! Many gyms are now holding outdoor and virtual online classes – check one out! The music is so fantastic you just can’t help moving to the beat. Even if you think you have two left feet, I urge you to try this fun form of exercise.
- Getting more laughs– With so many streaming options to choose from, I’ll have no problem finding comedies old and new to crack me up. There are lots of stand-up comics to be discovered there as well! I’m not in the mood for any tear-jerkers right now (I feel like I get enough of that feeling just reading headlines) – I need some belly laughs!
- Dreaming – Yes! In the midst of this changing world, I’m going to start changing myself too. The first step in that process is dreaming of future goals and where I want my life to go. I’m going to put together a vision board to help focus my efforts and make my dreams a reality. Try it – it’s fun to dream of the future (especially when the present seems a bit scary and uncertain)!
This is just a starting point, and I’m sure you have some ideas of your own. If you have a minute, drop me a line and let me know how YOU are going to recover your sense of playfulness. I want to know!
Remember- you landed here because a loving relationship with a man who adores you is one of your most important life goals.
When you awaken your sense of play, you become irresistible! He is navigating this crazy world too! Men don’t talk about it as much, but they are feeling the heaviness just as much as we are.
And when he sees you, light, carefree, and reveling in feminine playfulness, you will be the exact breath of fresh air he’s craving right now!
Leave a Reply